What you should expect:
- Sign in and submit Healing Rooms Application.
- Receive Name Tag.
- Proceed to COA Healing Class Teaching.
COA Healing Class
- Receive understanding of Hindrances to Healing.
- Curse Breaking and Infirmities Prayer.
- Minister on the importance of Forgiveness related to Healing.
- What is Healing Prayer?
- Proceed to the sanctuary for Soaking and Preparation.
Soaking and Preparation for Healing
- Encounter Him in worship.
- Prepare your heart for Healing.
- Prophetic dance, creative arts, and worship atmosphere.
- Intercessors at the back of the sanctuary.
- Leading of candidates when called to Healing Rooms.
- Enter Healing Room and sit ready to receive.
- Prayer Teams call up candidates as led by the Holy Spirit.
- Receive Healing Prayer.
- Prayer Teams follow the 5 Step Prayer Model as minister.
How to Keep Your Healing
- Receive instruction on the basics to keep one’s healing.
- Learn how to stand strong and walk out the new health and healing.
Foundation of Healing:
Jesus wants Health and Healing to be ours.
Luke 4:40 NKJV
“When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them.”
Healing prayer is “...faith expressing itself through love.” Galatians 5:6 NIV
Let us be gentle with those who come our way for this type of prayer. Let us not be demanding but those who decree and declare the promises of the scripture.
“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things...” 1 Corinthians 13;4-8 NASB
Some promises of Scripture regarding healing:
Exodus 15:26 NKJV “...For I am the Lord who heals you.” Jehovah Rapha.
Jeremiah 30:16, 17 NKJV “...Those who plunder you shall become plunder, and those who prey upon you I will make a prey. For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds...”
Psalms 103:2-3 NKJV “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits; who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases...”
1 John 3:8 NKJV “...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.”
2 Corinthians 1:20 NKJV “For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
Acts 10:38 NKJV “...God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”
Matthew 10:1 NKJV “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He have them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.”
Luke 10:1,2,9 NKJV “After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two...Then He said to them,...heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you’”.
Hebrews 13:8 NKJV “Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever.”
Mark 16:17,18 NKJV “And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;...they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Acts 3:6 NKJV “And Peter said, ‘Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you; In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.’”
Acts 1:8 NKJV “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you...”
3 Reasons why Jesus healed the sick and still does?
- He wants to.
- Healing is a sign.
- He cared.
So why does God allow sickness or suffering? He does not.
So why does pain and suffering still exist?
- We live in a fallen world where bad things happen.
- We have an enemy that hates us and wants to hurt us severely.
- We allow it and refuse to take stances against it.
James 5:14-18 NIV “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
What hinders healing many times?
Renounce the lies: I renounce the lie that my Father God is mean, abusive and punishing.
Declare the Truth: I joyfully accept the truth that my Father God is loving, gentle, tender-hearted, caring and always protective of me, no matter what...I am the apple of His eye (Psalm 17:8) and the pearl of great price (Matt. 13:45,46) that He sought after and paid for.
Every Lie Leads to Hopelessness
Renounce the Lie: Jesus, I renounce the lie that my situation is hopeless.
Declare the Truth: I joyfully accept the truth that with You there are no limits and no impossibilities.
3 things we want people to understand:
- Jesus has already provided for your healing.
Isaiah 53:4, 5 NKJV “Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.”
- It is not the size of your faith. It is the size of your God that matters. It is the size of the one you are connected to that matters. Believe Him for His best for you!
- You are loved.
1 John 4:18 NIV “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
75-95% of diseases were rooted in fear and anxiety, from which love is the cure.
3 Things we want people to do:
- Connect to God’s Presence and Voice.
- Focus on God’s goodness.
- Rest in Him.
Common Lies People Believe about Healing:
- God will others, but will not heal me.
- I do not deserve to be healed.
- Other people need to be healed more than I do.
- I have prayed many times, so what is the point in praying again?
- I have to have a particular person or minister to lay hands on me.
- I did not feel anything when I received prayer, so God must not have healed me.
- I was not totally healed, so I am not really healed.
- I have had this problem far too long for it to be healed.
- My problem is too small.
- My problem is too big.
- Since I am sick, it must be my fault.
- I am sick, but it is not my fault.
- There is nothing I can do about the sickness or disease I have.
- I do not have enough faith to be healed.
- I have sinned too much to be healed.
- If am not healed instantly, I am not healed.
- I am having symptoms again, so I was not healed.
Our Prayer Model: How did Jesus Heal the Sick?
- He Healed as a man, not as God.
Philippians 2:5-8 NIV “...have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death – even death on a cross!”
- He was led by the Father.
John 5:19 HCSB “I assure you: The Son is not able to do anything on His own, but only what He sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does these things in the same way.”
Ways that Jesus Healed:
- Physical Touch or the Laying on of Hands
See Matthew 8:2,3 the man with leprosy and Matthew 8:14, 15 Peter’s mother in law.
See Mark 2:2-12 Speaking to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
- Other Means
See Luke 8:43, 44 and the woman with the issue of blood for 18 years. Also, see Mark 7:33 He used his own saliva to apply healing to a man’s ears.
- Commissioning others
See Mark 16:15-18 The disciples told to go into the whole world and preach the gospel. In the process they would “...lay hands on the sick, and they would recover.”